Ancient Times Committee
The purpose of the Ancient Times Committee is to:
- prepare the publication in a timely manner
- report on the activities of The Company and its members
- present activities from around the world, both past and present, which enrich the readers’ understanding of the world of fife and drum
- make the Ancient Times a publication that is a credit to The Company and of broad interest to a wide variety of readers
The Archives, including the associated Music Library, store and preserve instruments, music, uniforms, photos, articles, and numerous other materials pertaining to the world of fife and drum. They serve as a resource for members and scholars interested in the history of military and social fife and drum music in America.
Big E Committee
The Big E Committee aims to publicize The Company of Fifers & Drummers to the many visitors to the Eastern States Exposition (Big E) in West Springfield, Mass. in September. The Big E is the fifth largest fair and exhibition in the United States.
The Company Store Committee
The Company Store serves the member corps, individual members, and the interested public by offering for sale drum corps related items, including books, tapes, CDs and clothing bearing The Company logo.
The goals of the Summer Concerts are twofold:
- to educate and entertain the general public
- to provide a performance venue for the member corps of The Company
Endowment Fund Committee
The mission of the fund is to be a continuing resource to fund programs consistent with the charitable purposes of The Company. Priority will be given to programs designed to maximize keeping the Museum open and attracting attendance by the general public.
The Finance Committee oversees the monetary assest of The Company, tending to the day-to-day bank deposits, investments, and bill paying, as well as keeping financial records and filing income tax returns.
Good and Welfare Committee
The Good and Welfare Committee is the “public relations” arm of The Company of Fifers & Drummers. It exists to let people know The Company if thinking of them, and to thank or congratulate people for deed well done.
The House Committee is responsible for the care and maintenance of our building and grounds in Ivoryton. The building houses our Museum, Archives, Office and Club Room. The grounds are used for our Summer Concert Series as well as Jaybird Day.
Would your group like to use our hall for a function? Download our application form.
Contact: Kevin Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Many Company members consider Jaybird Day to be The Company’s premier event, for on this day we honor those whose efforts have made the world of drum corps possible. It is always the first Saturday in October.
Junior Activities Committee
The purpose of the Junior Activities Committee is to recognize, through various programs and activities, the importance of junior corps and the integral part they play within The Company.
The membership IS The Company. This committee is responsible for processing applications for membership, communicating with applicants, sending out billings at appropriate dates, maintaining an accurate database of information for both corps and individuals, and forwarding any funds received to the Treasurer for deposit. The committee generate the mailing list for the Ancient Times and is constantly seeking better ways to encourage new memberships.
Maintaining the museum so that it can be open to the public on a regular basis fulfills one of the requirements for our non-profit incorporation, allows The Company to apply for grants, and serves as a source of income for the operation of The Company.
The Music Committee aims to document and perpetuate Ancient fifing and drumming by publishing music books and recordings, holding music exhibitions and clinics, and contributing to various music publications.
Music Library Committee
The purpose of the Music Library Committee is:
- to organize the Music Library collection in accordance with the Plan of Organization of the Library and Archives of The Company of Fifers & Drummers and to maintain accurate records of each accession.
- to expand the collection to include representative, rare and/or important examples of historical, traditional and/or contemporary music through donations and purchases.
- to assist and advise, upon request, the committees and members of The Company as well as the general public in matters pertaining to the historical and/or traditional significance of fife and drum music.
- to participate in non-Company sponsored projects that support the Music Library and The Company.
Muster Aid Committee
The purpose of the Muster Aid Committee is to provide assistance and advice to member corps who wish to organize and host a muster. Although the committee does not assign muster dates, it maintains a calendar of events for the purpose of avoiding scheduling conflicts where possible. Each year, the committee also evaluates requests from member corps who express in interest in hosting the National Muster. Based upon requests received, the committee then makes its recommendation to the Executive Board.
The Website Committee was formed in April, 1997 to develop and maintain a website to give The Company worldwide exposure and credibility, make The Company’s resources more readily available to its members, and help the members develop their own Internet presence.