What is an Ensemble Musician?
Ensemble musicians are more experienced, more mature musicians who want an intense musical challenge during camp. To become an Ensemble musician, a camper needs to audition. In addition to playing the Placement Assessment piece, those wishing to be ensemble musicians must play the Ensemble Audition piece. Those chosen for the Ensemble musician program will perform the Ensemble piece at the Deep River Ancient Muster Tattoo on Friday night.
Ensemble musicians should:
- Be able to sight read the ensemble music, and all audition music, without help.
- Be able to play all the music independently.
- Be able to stay focused for long periods of time as a productive member of the group.
- Be able to accept constructive criticism about their playing.
- Have excellent time-management skills and will submit their audition videos earlier than the deadline.
- Be able to help others.