Every year, generous corps and individuals make camp possible with their generous donations. Thank you! You are appreciated!
If you wish to apply for either a full or partial scholarship, please complete a scholarship application. The application will be posted by the beginning of the year. Here is the basic scholarship information:
- We have a limited number of full and partial scholarships to award to campers who apply for scholarships. An application submission does not guarantee a scholarship to camp.
- The Scholarship Application will be posted January 30
- The Scholarship Application Deadline has been extended to May 1 (however, those who complete their applications by the original April 1 deadline will have their applications reviewed and considered according to the original timeline.)
- Evaluation Process:
- First, applicants will be considered for our annual scholarship, The Sweetness of Mary Scholarship
- Next, applicants will be considered for our 2022 named scholarships that honor fife and drum community members.
- Finally, they will be considered for a Junior Camp Scholarship. There are several to be awarded from this category
- Scholarship recipients will be informed of any awards by May 1 if applicants apply by April 1 and May 15 if applicants apply by the extended deadline.
- If your child is not awarded a scholarship or is awarded a partial scholarship, any tuition balance is due June 1
The Sweetness of Mary Scholarship, an annual scholarship
Many years ago, the 1st Michigan Colonial Fife and Drum Corps generously established the annual Sweetness of Mary Scholarship in honor of their cofounder, Mary Logsdon. Mary carried the heart of the 1st Michigan and supported the junior members of the Corps in any way she could. Her support helped the members find and reach their highest potential both in the Corps and in life. To honor Mary’s dedication to supporting youth development and youth activities, both in the Corps and in her role as a school teacher, the 1st Michigan created the Sweetness of Mary Scholarship to send young people to Junior Camp.
2022 Named Scholarships
Craig Toft Memorial Scholarships
In loving memory of Craig Hunter Toft and in honor of his childhood and lifelong friendship with fellow Fife and Drummer James P. Smith, two snare drummer friends will be given scholarships to attend Junior Camp together.
Ken Wittman Memorial Scholarships
Friends and family of Ken Wittman, a drummer with the Camden Continentals for over 60 years, would like to offer three bass drumming scholarships for Jr Camp in his loving memory. Ken loved to laugh and his smile was never ending – just like his love of drumming.
Thomas Brym Memorial Camp Fund
In loving memory of Thoman Brym of the Ancient Mariners, a fund was established by his friends and family to help young people attend camp.
Junior Camp Donors, Gifts, and Fundraising Efforts - 2020 - 2022
- Kathy Brennan - COVID Muster Ribbons
- Finger Lakes Fife and Drum Corps
- Karen McGuire
- Jack O’Brien - a portion of the proceeds from sale of fife collection
- Random Acts of Fundraising, a community effort (formerly called Operation Dragonfly)
- Jennifer Wick
- Virginia Wilkos Stafford, Artist
Structured Payment Plans
Additionally, we have structured payment plans for any family that might find this helpful. Please email.