Update on 2021 Junior Fife and Drum Camp

Dear Fife and Drum Families,

We have had to make the difficult decision to cancel the 2021 Junior Fife & Drum Camp.  After reviewing the currently available Connecticut camp regulations, we will not be able to provide a camp experience that would be beneficial to the Juniors in our community.

Although we had been expecting that Connecticut was going to allow overnight camp, the state has not yet repealed the Executive Order prohibiting overnight camp. Given the lead times in planning, we are at a point that we can no longer wait for their updated requirements and have based our decision on the information that is available today.  

It breaks our hearts to have to cancel Camp. The Juniors and volunteers work incredibly hard every year, and Camp has become a community tradition that everyone looks forward to. While the overall Covid-19 situation is improving, it is not over yet and needs to be taken seriously. We do not have a green light to move forward, and we need to do what is in the best interest for our community.

We will be looking for options in the fall for a weekend-type workshop and will keep in touch throughout the year if and when opportunity arises.

Thank you for your understanding and support,


Tanya Morrisett
Director, Junior Fife & Drum Camp


Corinne Mitchell 
President, The Company of Fifers & Drummers