It was a damp and dreary day, but inside the building 10 volunteers from around New England made a fun time out of some seemingly mundane tasks (painting, electrical and lighting work, and cleaning).
In 6 short hours, we accomplished the following tasks
- Installed electrical fixtures (done by licensed electricians)
- Installed recessed lighting in the bar ceiling (done by licensed electricians)
- Put a second coat of paint on the bar walls and ceiling
- Put two coats of paint on the entryway walls and ceiling
- Caulked the walls
- Cleaned and organized a walk-in storage closet
Check out these pictures of the work in action!
With this work-party under our belt, we have pushed ourselves into the home stretch to get the building reopened. The last things that we need to accomplish to cross that finish line are:
- Sand and seal the floor
- Polyurethane the bar
- Install a proper handicapped railing in the entryway
- Install carpet on the ramp in the entryway
What can you do to help?
- Come to the next work party
- Volunteer your services if one of these items above is something that you have the expertise to do
Stay tuned for the date of the next work party!